stihl combi unit

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by packey, Apr 15, 2008.

1. packey

packey LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at a new stihl combi unit. I want it so I can use the stick edger attachment, limb attachment and broom. does anyone have any experience with these and any suggestions on specific sizes. I right now own a fs55,fs80 and fs 110.

2. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

The 110 is a good unit. I had one but wanted separate units. The 110 should be fine for the attachments you will use it for.

3. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I demoed the blower attachment on it today, was fun blowing the dealers gravel driveway across the adjacent side street. I'll be picking one up with blower, trimmer and edger attachment next week. Heard only good things about the unit, and the cost benefit of a kombi with attachments vs. buying several separate pieces of equipment for a solo operator. Granted, if the main unit goes down, I'm out all of my hand held power equipment, but with the money i save on the kombi and 3 attachments, i can afford to buy another kombi motor head.

4. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

They are great I love mine. Search the forum and you will find several threads about this unit.

5. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

I've said this before, I prefer dedicated units. As long as they have a solid shaft you can still swap heads out if you'd like.