Stihl Combo System

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by mtdman, Dec 7, 2005.

1. mtdman

mtdman LawnSite Gold Member

Anyone run one of the stihl combo system trimmers? Where you can switch off the trimming unit for a stick edger or articulated trimmers, etc? I'm thinking of buying a second trimmer and buying one of these so I can switch out an edger attachmentn as well. Anyone have anything positive or negative to say about these?

2. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

I've got the 4-mix Kombi, but I only have the hedgetrimmer and chain saw trimmer attachment. I like it a lot. Lots of power and no smoke! I'll get the string trimmer attachment when I wear out my trimmers.
  3. MTR

MTR LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

I have used FS 85 and KM 85 combo series since 2002, the two power heads are good provided you keep carbs clean, it is the old -fashioned 2 strokes of the early year 2000 that scream like crazy but with ton of power...I used trimmer 25-2 head, edger, hedgetrimmer, and prunner, very versatile use and they don't break down!
  4. bkdlawnCo

bkdlawnCo LawnSite Member

ya i use one, great for doing flower beds and tilling up old mulch,etc. I have one with the string trimmer, small tiller and edger. but i don;t use the edger hardly at all.
  5. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

use them all the time, buy an extra extension and put the power broom on it and have all the attachments. $40 for an extension
  6. mtdman

Seems like they are as sound as the stand alone machines. I think it would be wise to have a versatile tool with me as a backup trimmer that can double for edger, etc as well. Thanks!

7. WarEagleCRL

WarEagleCRL LawnSite Member

I love mine I have the weed eater, articulating hedge trimmers, chain saw, and edger attachments. Dont depend on the edger, though, Ive had the drive chain break off twice. I VERY rarely used it two, maybe 15 hrs tops. All other attachments have been great.
  8. littlenic

littlenic LawnSite Member

I also love mine, that's all I run. Thats also what's going on the next truck also.

Hope that helps, littlenic
  9. BryPaulD

BryPaulD LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I run the Km85r. I love mine. I have the power broom, weed whip, and pole saw attachments. This machine has great power.
  10. mtdman

That's not good. That's the attachment I was going to primarily use.