STIHL Commercial Lithium-Ion Series (Electric Rechargeable Trimmers/Blower) 36v

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by TimTim2008, Apr 17, 2012.

1. Duekster

Duekster LawnSite Fanatic
    from DFW, TX

See the name, Clear Air. I agree post it.

2. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

Definitely a premium alternative for those considering or coming from the likes of B&D, Ryobi, & Toro electrics at the big box stores, butvwhat I find curious is the pro designation, commercial warranty etc. The 85 anyway. I don't know how they're going to stack up to even stihl's or anyone's power trimmers, even their least powerful homescaper models- any input in that regard cleanair?

I understand the city of dallas uses these things.

Acgually Austria (trimmer), Germany (battery), & Slovakia (charger).

3. leon2245

leon2245 LawnSite Member

+1 no need to take it to PM, although I could also appreciate anyone's reluctance to discuss theirs, around here.

"I'm an electric car.
    I can't go very fast, or very far.
    And if you drive me,
    everyone will think you're gay.

ONE OF US!
    ONE OF US!
    ONE OF US!
    "

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fkzBwXNACrM

:laugh:

4. cleanairNC

cleanairNC LawnSite Member

Its a time issue really. Too busy burnin' batteries to read 6 pages of questions at the moment! Only hop on here for a few minutes now and then when I can.

For the most recent question, I can't honestly say, as I am not real familiar with gas trimmers and the difference in power from model to model. I started with electric and have stuck with it. I think I alluded to this in my first post about the Stihl equipment--for residential accounts they work great. Lightweight, fast, powerful. I'm not doing miles of edging, heavy brush, or pastures with it obviously. The power is there and I've not had a problem. Plus, the lack of maintenance is great. One less thing for me to worry about/spend time on.

5. David Grass

David Grass LawnSite Senior Member

I am getting the FSA 85, with 2 batteries and the quick charger today, along with the blower. I am a musician and have started developing a few pains in my arm from the vibrations of hand held equipment (primarily the weed eater). I am not jeopardizing playing guitar/bass, etc. I WILL PAY FOR THIS NEW LINE that stihl has developed and am glad it has finally come along. I also have worried about breathing fumes for 20 years, and it's effects. Walker Super B exhausts way behind me as I fly, so now no fumes. I will let everyone know how this works. I plan to use it very efficiently, and truly I can weed eat most of my accounts in 3 to 5 minutes with 3 minutes blow off.......

6. weeze

weeze LawnSite Fanatic

i have a craftsman 19.2v battery powered hedge trimmer. i have 4 batteries since i also have craftsman drills, impact wrench, etc. each battery lasts about 30-45 min. i don't do alot of shrub trimming so it works great for me since it's so light.

i imagine one day everything we use will be electric or something like that. they have a long way to go though. there are already electric push mowers, ztrs, etc. out there. the deal breaker right now is the run time. once they get a battery to last 8hrs or more then it will really take off. right now most mowers only last 1-1/12hrs on batteries which is only good enough for a homeowner with a small yard.

7. TimTim2008

TimTim2008 LawnSite Bronze Member

^ best post here