Stihl Ear Muffs w/ AM FM--Any good?

Discussion in 'General Industry Discussions' started by WJW Lawn, May 22, 2007.

1. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Any of you use the Work Tunes-Ear Muffs w/ AM FM made by Stihl??? I know they are new-- My dealer had some in his shop today and said they were selling like hotcakes. Some D*** stole my Elvex Quietunes (Good luck to him since I still have the charger)...but I wanted to see if the Stihl Muffs were any good? Thoughts appreciated! :drinkup:

2. ProStreetCamaro

ProStreetCamaro LawnSite Platinum Member

I am curious as to who actually makes them. If they are made by peltor I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole. If they are elvex they should be very good.

[​IMG]

3. WJW Lawn

Thats a good question...and I couldnt find anything on Stihls website. Does anyone know?? I loved my Elvex...so I may just order me another pair from PowerEquipment Warehouse. Maybe I'll email Stihl.

I know they run about 80 bucks

4. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

5. WJW Lawn

Well before some jerk stole my Elvex Quietunes...I loved em! Actually I won them from Powerequipment warehouse...so...I think I'll just order another pair.

6. lawn and stump

lawn and stump LawnSite Member

just bought them today pd $ 75. The on-off is a dial that does the volume also. I like that you can hear it click to off. my old peltors would get left on because the button had no indication of it's statis.

7. WJW Lawn

I found out Logrite makes them. Hey Lawn and Stump...do you like em so far?? Good sound? Comfortable? all that?

8. john w

john w LawnSite Member

My peltors(i have two) have horrible reception. How is it with the Elvex or the stihl?

9. WJW Lawn

The reception with the Elvex Quietunes was great! Dont know about the Stihls...Im hoping someone will chime in with some details on Stihl

10. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Powerequipment warehouse has them on sale for $68.88