Stihl Edger head for FS90R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Pistol, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Pistol

Pistol LawnSite Member

Has anyone used a Stihl Edger attachment (FC Edger) on their FS90R Trimmer? At one dealer it's $179 and they said that it was an easy changeout.

Thanks, Pistol

2. lawns Etc

lawns Etc LawnSite Silver Member

Very easy change about 30 seconds but $179 is steep check Ebay or the for sale section here I believe someone had one for sale.

3. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

Yes, it's very simple to do, and a great way to save money over getting a dedicated edger. Just loosen the two small bolts that hold the trimmer gearbox on, slip it off, slip the edger attachment on, tighten the bolts, and you're done.

4. BLA449

BLA449 LawnSite Member

It is easy to change out but i would spend the extra money and buy a dedicated edger if you are mowing very many yards a day. The time you spend changing it back and forth adds up at the end of the day from my experience.

5. 81Bronk36

81Bronk36 LawnSite Member

thats way to expensive just for the head. The Kombi straight edger is 179.00 so the head has got to be way less then that.

6. justgreen

justgreen LawnSite Member

I would disagree with the above comment.

The stihl machine is far superior. Secondly, to take off the trimmer head and put on the edger is literally 20-30 seconds. I can probably do it quicker.

I have one, and I use it to straighten up edges, however, when I use it to create a new edge along the sidewalks when the grass is really overgrow it bogs down a bit. Could use a bit extra power, but still in 90% of the cases, it works great.

Justgreen

7. tlc23

tlc23 LawnSite Member

What should the edger attachment sell for? What about the other attachments hedge trimmer and pole pruner? For some reason the prices are not on the website.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

This sort of what I did. I either purchased the powersweep unit and the stickedger attachment, or vice-vrsa (I purchased them together). I did compare though,..because one combination was cheaper than the other...I just don't remember exactly which.