Stihl Equipment

Discussion in 'Original Pictures Forum' started by mikeylikesit5805, Mar 20, 2009.

1. mikeylikesit5805

mikeylikesit5805 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Kent OH

Just got out all the handhelds for the spring, will get out the mowers tomorrow.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

nice stuff, you a solo op? what kind of mowers do you have. How many accounts you serving weekly?

3. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

Yep, just a solo op, last year I had 13 accounts this year im looking at around 18-20.

4. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

here are some more pics

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

5. lukemelo216

lukemelo216 LawnSite Bronze Member
    from ...

how old are you?

Sorry to hate on you and such, but i have to. I really find it funny how many handhelds some of the solo ops buy. Its especially prevelant in the 15-17 and sometimes even 18 y/o kids. I mean really a solo operation, why do you need three trimmers? I could understand a second one just in case. Three blowers. Get a backpack and a hand held. How much tree work do you actually do that you need three chainsaws? I am just starting out now, and am 18, and i have high expectations, but i am actually on earth. I just dont understand why some people go out and spend money on equipment that just sits especially when this stuff isnt cheap 300-400$ for a trimmer. Like two 36" from what i understand you (mikey) want. just doesnt ever make sense to me.....

6. Kennedy Landscaping

Kennedy Landscaping LawnSite Fanatic

Looks nice, good luck this season!

7. mikeylikesit5805

from Kent OH

Im 20 years old, that is my younger brother in the picture. I was given about half the stuff. My Dad use to work for Davey tree so he bought good equipment.
    In the last two years I have bought:
    FS-90 New
    FC-110 Used
    KM-110 New
    MS-210 New
    BR-600 New

The Rest of it was given to me by my father, for example that chainsaw, the 044 I have never used for any jobs, its just way to big.

8. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

yo you got a bunch of equipment that looks like its never seen a day of work in its life. What's up with that?

9. 2brothersyardcare

2brothersyardcare LawnSite Silver Member

maybe its new man but i like that orange

10. yardmanlee

yardmanlee LawnSite Senior Member

I was thinking the same, get the jobs first then the equipment