Stihl FC 95 4 Mix Edger Review

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Richard Martin, Sep 26, 2009.

1. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

I love my FC75....hate to even think about having to replace it....LOL

2. LifeBack Lawns

LifeBack Lawns LawnSite Member

And you aren't a home owner correct? Just seeing that it was plenty of power for the commercial user/professional. What is the difference in price?

Th curved is easier to edge with? Also, will the 90 handle overgrown stuff too, but the 95 would do better?
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

I just answered this question not 2 hours ago. :confused:

4. herler

herler LawnSite Fanatic

Since I don't use edgers much I took the edger head off and put on a trimmer head so now I have an FC 95 string trimmer, it works a lot like the FS100.

5. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

Being that it is the exact same engine, it would be the exact same thing and work exactly like the FS90R .:hammerhead:

The FS100RX has the same engine as the FS110. Both are more powerful than the 90/95.

6. Richard Martin

I did the same thing as herler just to "demo" Stihl's 4 stroke trimmer. I don't now own one and unless they make some major weight reductions in the power head, I will never own one.

7. show-n-go

show-n-go LawnSite Member

I love my km130 with the straight shaft edger but it is very heavy. If it weren't for the strap i would not want to use it.. But it did a great job cutting the overgrown edges that i have done with it so far.. Just got it 2 weeks ago.. I actually prefer the 4 mix over my old stihl, they definitly increased the weight though.

8. Valk

Valk LawnSite Silver Member

I've never owned a stick edger. So why is weight such a big deal if it is riding on a wheel most of the time?

9. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

It's actually a good thing....in the cut, but if you have to carry it across a large parking lot from island to island or some such, the weight could come into play.

However, They aren't that heavy. If you're fit enough to do this work, then you're fit enough to carry one around IMO.

10. Richard Martin

That powerhead in an edger is no big deal. I'll use to edge about 950 or so times this year alone. I do it one handed a lot of times.

I do believe that powerhead is too heavy for me to use in a trimmer. I've always liked lighter trimmers.

BTW, I took the wheel off of my edger.