1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl FS 100 RX Trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SMITHSCAPE, Jan 26, 2010.

1. SMITHSCAPE

SMITHSCAPE LawnSite Member

I own the FS 110 R and am extremely happy with it. I'm looking to add another one but can't figure out the difference between the 110 R and the 100 RX. Can someone clear this up for me?

2. timber132007

timber132007 LawnSite Member

The FS 100RX has a hollow shaft hence it is lighter than the 110. I own both and the power to weight ratio of the FS 100RX is unbelievable. Both have proved to be good trimmers.

3. SMITHSCAPE

SMITHSCAPE LawnSite Member

Is the loss of power worth the $30 savings?

4. timber132007

timber132007 LawnSite Member

Both have a 31.4cc engine but the FS 100RX is 1.7 pounds lighter and it is noticable. You won't regret going with the 100RX. The only down side to it is if you want to run attachments Stihl doesn't recommend it because of the hollow shaft.

5. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

They both have the same power.

6. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

I will be buying the FS 100RX this spring. If you want to run attachments buy the FS 90R,thats my primary trimmer. I have the edgit on mine and really like it.

7. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have never paid attention to the 100rx gearbox, but it must be different because the Edgit website says a Edgit will not fit them.

8. Bob_n_weave

Bob_n_weave LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe i'll just buy another FS 90R, i really like having the Edgit.

9. PLS-Tx

PLS-Tx LawnSite Silver Member
    from Texas

I think I'm going to get one this spring, we demoed one a couple of months ago and it was nice.

Plenty of power and very light.

We have been running Echo 265-T's, they have plenty of power but they are much heavier.

10. AdamChrap

AdamChrap LawnSite Senior Member

We run all FS 100RX and love them!