Stihl FS 110 users

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by crazycritterguy, Mar 16, 2008.

1. crazycritterguy

crazycritterguy LawnSite Member

Do any of you have the tiller attachment for you FS 110? If so, does it work good?..I've already got the stihl trimmer, but I'm trying to decide between the mantis mini tiller or the stihl attachment...thanks in advance!

2. wildbilly1113

wildbilly1113 LawnSite Member

Works good for turning over flower beds and raised gardens. It can also till up small unbroken areas and is worth the money.

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

With Mantis Tiller you can do dethatching and aerating which the Stihl FS110 don't have the option to. Also check the price of the attachment, they might be expensive. If the attachment cost more than $150 or $200, a little more for the Mantis will open new channel for you.

4. rmmllc

rmmllc LawnSite Member

They are 169. I am looking into a KM130, so I priced out some attachments. I wouldn't aerate or dethatch with a Mantis, but that's probably because I own both a power rake and an aerator... How much are the mantis? I've used one, but it was borrowed.

5. Zooropa93

Zooropa93 LawnSite Senior Member

299-329 in my area pending whether it's in stock or needs to be ordered

6. yungman

from Calif.

I have seen in OSH or Sears for $299.

You heard of Maruyama? They have a 30cc 1.7hp 2 cycle multi-tool unit that come with the trimmer head. Reason I even mension this is because they offer 5 years commercial warrantee. If you have a dealer close by carry this brand, you might consider this.

http://www.maruyama-us.com/products/default.aspx?id=324

Keep us inform what end up and tell us what you think.

7. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

I have the Stihl tiller. It works great, make sure you get the weights for it though!:weightlifter:

8. yungman

from Calif.

I like the attachments of Stihl Yard Boss, but it has a home owner engine. I don't know whether it is going to stand up as well as the Honda GX25 engine. If someone know more about the Yard Boss, please please tell me. I am at the process of buying a mini tiller, I am leaning toward the Honda FG110.

9. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

I only use mine in the spring for some flower beds and the occasional yard spot that needs a lot of work. Works great for that but I have not put it to the ultimate daily use test!

10. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I have one I use to turn over mulch and for spot seeding areas, works really good. I wouldn't buy the kombi system, switching the gearbox is pretty easy.