Stihl fs 250 r

Discussion in 'Landscape Maintenance' started by noahb195, Oct 15, 2011.

1. noahb195

noahb195 LawnSite Senior Member

Does anybody use the stihl fs 250 r's? Anybody have any pictures or videos in action? Looking to get one or two of them in the near future

2. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

After fighting with 4 mix engines for 2 seasons, we switched completely to FS 250R's this season, and will never run anything again.

Power no matter what you're doing, and much more control than the 4 mix stuff has, and from my experience, not any harder on gas than the smaller trimmers are.

They're expensive, but they're powerful, they last, and they're reliable.

3. noahb195

How much does your stihl dealer sell them for? Mine has them for around $550. So its worth it to spend the extra money and get the best?

4. John_DeereGreen

John_DeereGreen LawnSite Member

I believe the last round that I bought ended up being 500 each, but I can't remember. It was to the point that I had to decide...buy brand new FS 90R's at the beginning of every year at 330 a piece, or buy brand new 250R's at the beginning of every 2-3 seasons at 500 a piece...you do the math...so far it has been a very good decision and the guys really seem to like them.

5. noahb195

Can you post pictures of your rigs? And especially the 250 r's

6. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Do a search on FS 250r. You'll find plenty. From what I've read, if you want a very powerful, reliable trimmer for things like clearing right of ways, this is the machine.

7. noahb195

thanks for the input it helps out a bunch:)

8. rbljack

rbljack LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

ive located a 250r on craiglist and had a question. The person who owns it is selling it because they said its hard to pull when starting. Does anyone know what the cause of that could be? are they hard to pull? Does it require a lot of effort? if sommething is wrong, any ideas on what could be causing it? the trimmer is used, but only lightly, and about two years old.