Stihl FS 70 RC-E Trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CoupesCuts, Jul 24, 2012.

1. CoupesCuts

CoupesCuts LawnSite Member

I always wondered that too and also why would you ever put a flex shaft in a straight shaft trimmer? Is it to discourage you from buying it if you plan to use attachments? Is that stihls way of selling the more expensive models?

2. yardguy28

yardguy28 LawnSite Platinum Member

guess I didn't know it was a flex shaft. mine doesn't have any wobble. the only 2 trimmers I've had was the fs 56 rc-e and the fs 70 rc-e.

not that it matters to me though. I don't pick about specs with trimmers. I just went to the dealer told them how many accounts I do and took the one they recommended. I don't pay much attention to power, weight, what kind of shaft it has. but then again I just do your basic trimming around trees, light posts, etc on mostly resi properties.

3. ultimatejustin29

ultimatejustin29 LawnSite Member

just wanted to bring up a quick question... how are the fs70rc trimmers doing? were mostly residential and im purchasing new trimmers this spring and for the price and weight it seems pretty sweet. havent used one yet. i have plenty of fs 90 shafts laying around and older echo shafts as well. maybe they could replace the flex shafts? ive had enough of the stihl 4 mix equipment and the valve adjustments. i have a fs 85 t that is still used daily or every other day. no valves to adjust just crank and go. any help is much appreciated.