Stihl FS 85 really takes a beating...

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Jul 4, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Wow, i've dropped my 2004 FS 85 a few times off my trailer going fast around corners since I don't have any trimmer racks. The thing still operates like new.

I love this product!!!
  2. crawdad

crawdad LawnSite Bronze Member

Don't have any tie-downs, either? Bungie cords should hold it on.
  3. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

how many hours does that time cutter have on it? what kind of 16.5 hp? just wondering why the motor went on something so new. wait, how are you even cutting? says both your mowers are out of service.
  4. Littleriver1

Littleriver1 LawnSite Senior Member

Keep beating on it. There are a lot of dealers out there that have a kiss for you.
  5. GTLC

I am using a loaner tractor right now. 195 hours when it went, mowing my own lawn.
  6. GTLC

Oh yeah I have 2 big hooks on the wooden side of the trailer to hold it, but it had fallen off a few times on the old snowmobile trailer i was borrowing. The only times it fell off were when I thought I had it secured by putting it between my mowers (blocking an upwards exit path), and once when I was driving around in a trucking terminal parking lot with 3 buildings (each with its own separate detached lawn) slowly and I hit a big pothole and the Stihl flew off.
  7. locutus

locutus LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NC

I have no resoponse to this thread other than this.
  8. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

either you have a HUGE yard or cut really slow. 195 hours on a 2 year old mower, on your own lawn?
  9. Doster's L & L

Doster's L & L LawnSite Senior Member

the stihl may take a beating, but you can expect the on/off switch to go out real soon. Ive had 2 stihl blowers, and 2 hedge trimmers to have the switch to short out on me. I won't have another stihl product. Now i like Kawasaki.