Stihl fs-90

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by SomervilleLawncare, Jan 30, 2008.

1. SomervilleLawncare

SomervilleLawncare LawnSite Member

What do you guys know about the 4 mix fs-90?

My dad called me today and said he stopped by a dealer he knows and is trying to get rid of his extra stock of stuff. He said he would sell us the fs-90's for $254.00 which I assume is a pretty good deal, but I don't know much about these. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. Turf Dawg

Turf Dawg LawnSite Gold Member

I have three trimmers and one edger. Ilike these units and theye have held up well so far. The only drawback to me is the weight. They are fine for a house are two her and there, but if you going two or three hours at one locatoin this is where that shows up. The reason I went with the 90's was because the rep. recomended them. He said the exhaust was bigger on the 90' s than the 100's or 110's and this made them run cooler.

3. Lugnut

Lugnut LawnSite Senior Member

Good price, I'd get it

4. lawnpro724

lawnpro724 LawnSite Silver Member

go with 2 cycle engines for small equipment you'll appreciate less weight, maintenance and the reliability is better.

5. mowing grass 1111

mowing grass 1111 LawnSite Senior Member

i have a fs 90 it lasted one season then it just stopped running one day . i never had it looked at si i dont have a clue whats wrong with it

6. man of stihl

man of stihl LawnSite Senior Member

i have 2. i like them alot. that is a good price. they are a tad heavy but thats really not a big deal to me.