Stihl FS 94 R

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Wright Lawn, Aug 11, 2014.

1. Wright Lawn

Wright Lawn LawnSite Member
    Male, from Rock Hill, SC

If you have the FS 94 R, do you like it? Thinking of buying one, I like the dial for speed control.

2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

What is the speed dial designed for? I have been trying to figure that out.

3. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I've got one, its light weight and easy on fuel. Its also the last trimmer to be used as both myself and the guys that work for me prefer the 100rx. The 100rx is slightly heavier and while on paper it doesn't seem like much more in real application it has much more power and is easier to start.

4. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

We love ours. Bought two this year and they have been great.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

Bought one and the dial is jammed up in one week. Clean it out and it's jammed up a day later.
    Junk!
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. KODAKMOWING99

KODAKMOWING99 LawnSite Member

I bought one two months ago, along with another stihl 90, after about 3 weeks the 94 wouldn't idle, still in shop, it rev higher rpm when needed but nowhere close to a 90 in hp or easy to start, the guys wont touch it, they like the 90s, so it turns out being an extra piece on the truck. not worth the extra price.

7. Ditta&Sons

Ditta&Sons LawnSite Bronze Member

that sucks, i think ill just stick to buying used 85s and maintaining them properly

8. Wright Lawn

Male, from Rock Hill, SC

Never have been a Stihl fan (except chainsaws and the FC 110 edger). Looks like I'll stick with my Echo 265's.

9. Wright Lawn

Male, from Rock Hill, SC

You can adjust the speed with the dial, allowing you to use lower rpm's around beds. Then when you pull the trigger, you won't accidentally rev up the rpm's. But, if you pull the trigger hard it will go full throttle (you don't have to feather the trigger).

10. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

I also like the "hard to start" feature. Nothing like setting the choke after the 6th property of the day.
    Posted via Mobile Device