Stihl FS 94 R

Discussion in 'Industry Surveys & Polls' started by Wright Lawn, Aug 11, 2014.

1. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

Maybe you bought a lemon? Both of our units start on the first pull all day long.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. ilike2mow

ilike2mow LawnSite Bronze Member

Oh that's neat. Thanks for explaining this to me.
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. exmarkking

exmarkking LawnSite Bronze Member

It's pretty useless unless your a baby that has never used a weed eater before. I leave them wide open and just feather the throttle.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. knox gsl

knox gsl LawnSite Platinum Member

Mine is getting a little better today. I still had to use of he choke if it sat for a while. The lack of power is still there but less noticeable.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. neblawncare23

neblawncare23 LawnSite Senior Member
    from Neb

I bought a 94R this year, and the damn thing hasnt idled from day one. It runs full speed 100% of the time. I prefer the 90 over the 94 any day. The only advantage the 94 has is that its lighter, but lacks in power the 90 has.

6. JeremyKuhn

JeremyKuhn LawnSite Senior Member

I don't own one but I did a demo since my dealer is switching to Stihl from Echo, compared to the SRM-230 I found the power was the same but it was lighter. The adjustment knob was neat but I wouldn't use it, by now I know how to feather the throttle exactly where I need it.

I didn't have any idle or hard start problems, so it sounds like you guys need to make some adjustments to the machines.

7. BandBLawncare

BandBLawncare LawnSite Senior Member
    from Ohio

we have 3 we like them we also run 100rx and some km130

8. Crammin'Mows

Crammin'Mows LawnSite Member
    from Oregon

I like our 94r's. Lightweight is my favorite feature, and I agree that the throttle limiter is for those who arent skilled at feathering throttle. My crews prefer the 110r trimmers for verticle edges' cause they have more torque.
    To those who are having issues with their machines: idle screw and carb adjustment will fix alot.

9. PicturePerfectLawns

PicturePerfectLawns LawnSite Gold Member

Chances were that FS 94 R wasn't broken in, you think? :laugh:

I'm a 94 R owner and a SRM 230 owner. The 94 R has the 230 beat on power and is much lighter then the 230. As for the wheel, I thought I would use it more then I do, but I don't.

Love my 94 and wouldn't use any other trimmer now.

10. Pressedun

Pressedun LawnSite Fanatic

94's are pretty sweet, I still carry the 90 in case of overgrown stuff but for routinely cut and trimmed lawns, seems it can't be beat.
    Posted via Mobile Device