Stihl FS106

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing Equipment' started by Team-Green L&L, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Team-Green L&L

Team-Green L&L LawnSite Bronze Member

We just got a used FS106 a couple weeks ago and haven't used it yet. I tried to find out what the retail price of this piece was, but have been out of luck. Has anyone used this brush cutter or know anything about it? I was told that it was an $800 piece of equipment, but am reluctant to believe such a statement.

2. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Hi Andrew, were you referring to the Fs-100 or 110? I have the Sthil catalog and I was looking through it for the a 106 because I haven't heard of it before. Are you talking about the trimmer that you can have different attachments for? (hedge trimmer, chain saw, trimmer, sidewalk edger, etc.)
    I bought the 110 for around $349.00 I believe. Each attachment was around $125.00 to close to $300.00. So depending on the arsenal of attachments you buy I could see it reaching the $800.00 mark quite quickly. I can tell you first hand though that it is a fine piece of equipment and worth every penny.
    Hope that helps you, pm me if you have any other questions. Later, Jeff

3. Team-Green L&L

That is my dilemna. I have been using Stihl for 5 years now and have never seen or heard of the FS106. That IS the correct model number though.

img125.jpg

img124.jpg

img126.jpg

4. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

I have one of those old bicycle handle trimmers. That's probably 16-18 years old just looking. Good trimmer but cost was way less than half of that 800!

5. Team-Green L&L

I gave the guy like $75 for the thing. I figured that I couldn't go too wrong at that price even if I didn't know what it was.

6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

If it runs good and gear box sounds good, probably a very good buy.

7. Frosty_03

Frosty_03 LawnSite Senior Member

I seen that I a small engine shop for 299.99 so I think you got a good deal if runs, kinda heavy though:weightlifter:

8. Team-Green L&L

My confusion is due to the over-sized head, the heavy weight, and the overall size of the trimmer is a tad big. What's up with that?

9. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

Ok, now I understand. No I have never seen or heard of it either. It does look heavy. When I was talking about it being worth every penny I was refering to the 110 by the way. You probably figured that out.

10. kmann

kmann LawnSite Senior Member

I run all Stihl equipment and have no idea what a FS 106 is. And even if there was such a thing, it would'nt cost 800.00.