Stihl FS45 Problem

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by GrassInPA, Jun 14, 2003.

1. GrassInPA

GrassInPA LawnSite Member

Alright,

There is a slight problem that I'm having with my Stihl FS45. I know it's a homeowner model and I'm thinking that might be part of the problem with it. Anyway, this problem started a week or so ago. The on/off switch on the handle does not work anymore.

I go to shut the trimmer off and the switch will not shut the engine off. I have the move the enging to full choke and run it until the engine dies out. This is usually a second or two.

I'm definitely worried about the problem, I'm just happy that it will shut off and start up. I'm thinking this problem is just a bad switch somehow.

I would greatly appreciate any info on what this could be or an easy fix, because I can't afford to be w/o a trimmer while this is in the shop.

Leave replies, or let me know if you guys need more info. Thanks in advance for any help with this. It is greatly appreciated :)

Zach

2. SAWDOC

SAWDOC LawnSite Member

Yes, the switch is most likely bad. a new one will cost 3 or 4 bucks. Should take about 2 min. or less to change. part # 4140-430-0200.

3. BW4486

BW4486 LawnSite Member

make sure the wires coming from handle are both intact and connected