Stihl FS75 trimmer

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by trink2030, Aug 27, 2005.

1. trink2030

trink2030 LawnSite Member
    from ca

HI,

I just aquired an FS75 Stihl trimmer with an Autocut 10-11 head. It came with no string and need to know the correct size string. I've searched the web extensively and also searched this forum for the information. I can't find anything, I can't even find a 10-11 to buy so I'm guessing they are outdated.

I also aquired an FS40 at the same time with an either 5-3 blade head or a 6-3 head, is there a way to distinguish between the two? I may just take the head off of the 40 and put it on the 75.

Thanks for any help

2. John Gamba

John Gamba LawnSite Fanatic
    from ct

I can call my dealer monday for you if nobody tells you before .

John

3. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Did you get the Stihl FS75 trimmer to work? I am in the process of getting one and I found a used unit on CL for $85.00. Not to familiar with this weed eater, I trust the Stihl brand, but would like some insight from you, since you have one.

4. jolson

jolson LawnSite Member
    from IL

The 10-11 head has been discontinued. It was also used on the FS 30 and 36 (both discontinued). It was simply replaced with the AutoCut 11-2. The 10-11 uses 0.080 just as the 11-2 does. I believe you can also use the orange 0.095 string on that head.
    If you want to use a blade, the Polycut 5-3 is compatible.

5. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Or you could just replace it with a Speed Feed and be done with it.

6. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

I run poly cut heads 40-3 I run 105 line in it only head I ever ran since 1985

7. Snyder's Lawn Inc

Snyder's Lawn Inc LawnSite Platinum Member

Fs 75 was a nice they had the adjustable carb crank it up get more hp and rpm out it

8. NarNar

NarNar LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks everyone for your insight.