Stihl fs80r

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by andy35321, Oct 23, 2012.

1. andy35321

andy35321 LawnSite Member
    from georgia

I have a stihl fs80r giving me fits. I have good spark. Took wire off coil have good spark. Compression tested cylinder have 100psi. Done a air leak test everything fine. No leak pressure and vacuum. Try to spray carb cleaner in air filter won't start. Pressure tested carb and holding pressure. Even put in water no bubbles. Exhaust screen looks fine. Took off muffler cylinder looks fine no scoring or nothing. When I pull cord to look at piston I can see that the cylinder has too much gas. Plug is wet. Cylinder is getting to much gas. The needle is holding pressure. Put zama tool on carb it is a zama C1Q S63A by the way. And the needle is right with tool. It has a new carb kit. By the way and I cleaned carb all holes too. Should I look elsewhere. I'm still thinking carb. Any help please.
    Posted via Mobile Device

2. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Andy....pinch off the fuel line and pull the rope till it starts...
    If it doesn't try to start..the flywheel key might be sheared..
    Posted via Mobile Device

3. andy35321

from georgia

Thanks slapper will try tomorrow.
    Posted via Mobile Device

4. andy35321

from georgia

Slapper you was right on the money. Flywheel key sheared or shall I say it was smooth. Nothing to go into keyway in shaft. Thanks a lot slapper. Just trying to learn. Know a lot but learn something new everyday. So flywheel key being sheared had timing off. So what was it making it do to fill cylinder up with a lot of gas. As I say just trying learn. Thanks again slapper.
    Posted via Mobile Device

5. piston slapper

piston slapper LawnSite Platinum Member

Well....just a guess ...mind you...
    If the timing was off so far that it couldn't burn the fuel...
    It had to go somewhere....
    Posted via Mobile Device