Stihl fs85 comments

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by MarkSk1, Apr 11, 2003.

1. MarkSk1

MarkSk1 LawnSite Member

Ant cooments on the Stihl fs85? Also on the Stihl BR340 blower.
    Thanks

2. stevo22

stevo22 LawnSite Senior Member

what the hell is an "ant cooment"?????

just kidding, use spell check dude!!

i have the fs85..lots of torque, i love it...the thing will almost cut down a small oak tree...if it ever starts bogging on you look near the muffler...there is a rectangular wire mesh guard on it...clean it adn it should be fine...

3. Old 5 LawnCare

Old 5 LawnCare LawnSite Member

The FS85 is the best purchase I made in a long time!

I had Echo's, nothing but trouble. Take Too long to get back when you need them worked on, I've had only 1 problem with my FS85, I've only got one, and everyone wants to use it!

Dont know bout the blower, I do have the BR420C Magnum. It has oodles of airflow, it will plum throw rocks. I will be trying The Vandermolen 960 next.

Chad

4. Fvstringpicker

Fvstringpicker LawnSite Fanatic

Ditto on the FS85

5. turfmaster90

turfmaster90 LawnSite Member

I have a FS-85 and I like it pretty well. The only problem I have is that its very cold natured when you start it. Carburetor probably needs adjustment.

After its warm it will run like a scalded dog. I also have the trimmer attachment.....use it alot!

I have the Stihl BR420. (Is there another type of blower on the market???? HAHAHA.) It has all the power you will ever need. :blob3: :blush:

6. GLS

GLS LawnSite Bronze Member

FS85: awesome. You won't be disappointed with it. Lot's of power. Just be sure to pull the spark arrestor screen out...if you notice a loss of power, it's probably the screen all gummed up.

Ryan

7. thfireman

thfireman LawnSite Senior Member

The best purchase I made last year. Absolutely the most powerful edger I know of. I also have the adjustable angle hedge trimmer attachment for it. I love my toys. Get it and you wont be disappointed at all.
    :D

8. Rhett

Rhett LawnSite Bronze Member

I swear that I always get the ones made on Monday. Hard to start. Had for a little over a month two carbs and 4 visits to the dealer and it still is the most cantankerous piece of equipment on the truck. Doesn't't idle consistently, takes forever to warm up, every stop is like the first start of the day.

9. hoffmanlandscaping

hoffmanlandscaping LawnSite Member

I've had very good luck with all stihl products I bought a FS85 last season run great looking to buy another one this season with the edger attachment.

10. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I like the FS85's. I have a few of them. One has somewhere between 2000-3000 hours on it and still runs like new.