stihl fs85 edger attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by stevesmowing, Jan 16, 2006.

1. stevesmowing

stevesmowing LawnSite Senior Member

I am looking at buying an stick edger. Right now I have 2 dedicated trimmers a shindaiwa t270 and redmax 3000. I also have a stihl fs85 trimmer with the extended reach hedge trimmer attachment. I was trying to decide if I wanted to buy just an attachment for the stihl or buy a separate edger. My question is this... does the edger for the fc75 fit a fs85. Here is the picture of the Item i am talking about. Its off an fc75.

b7_1_b.jpeg

2. Premo Services

Premo Services LawnSite Bronze Member

I have the fs85 with the edger attachment and The f885 attachment looks different, one thing is it has a sleve on top of there you put the end of your trimmer in. Mabey a dealer who sells them would know if the attachments aere interchangeable.

3. True Cut Lawn Maintenance

True Cut Lawn Maintenance LawnSite Senior Member

That is the head off of a curved shaft edger, FC55. You need one that is meant for a straight shaft, with the solid shaft inside.

4. South Florida Lawns

South Florida Lawns LawnSite Platinum Member
    from usa

Yes the 75 and 85 are the same but the attachment that you have is for a curved shaft trimmer. But thats no biggie because you can order the straight shaft and aluminum housing, which bolts up to the main power unit.

5. stevesmowing

thanks, that pic was just off a e-bay listing. I'll keep my eyes open for one for the straight shaft. How do people like the fs85 with the edger attachment?

6. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have that set up and it really performed well for me last year

wayne

7. stevesmowing

any problems with it clogging up?

8. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

Only had it semi clog 1 time. I had an overgrown edge and we had just got a heavy rain, I was basically edgeing in mud. Other than that I have edged in heavy soil conditions with no problems

wayne