Stihl FS90/FS70?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by djflats, Jun 17, 2010.

1. djflats

djflats LawnSite Senior Member

I've been using a Stihl FS90 at work. Has anyone tried the FS70? Just curious how the 2 compare. Thanks.

2. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I would also wonder about the FS 70, as I've used an FS 90 before as well. Anybody used one?

3. genesis215

genesis215 LawnSite Senior Member

I just found a youtube video of an FS 70RC. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fcXRspYN4E Looks like an easy starting trimmer with practically no warmup for being a stratified 2-stroke. I got to hold one at the dealer, and it has a very comfortable throttle grip, the trigger is VERY smooth and not too sensitive, and it is very light. The price tag of $279 is unbeatable, plus a 2-year commercial warranty. For all the 2-stroke guys that wanted Stihl to build a commercial-grade 2-cycle trimmer again it looks like you've got your wish. No valves to adjust ever. It's a commercial-grade engine with 2 rings and a forged rod.

4. Alan0354

Alan0354 LawnSite Platinum Member

You sure it's a two ring engine? Someone here said the new 2 cycle Stihl are single ring. I notice they remove the claim bragging about the two ring give better heat dicipation and all on their new catalog.

5. 60s_fan

60s_fan LawnSite Member
    from na

I dont think stihl has any single ring units.

fs70.JPG

6. Alan0354

Thanks
    Where do you get this diagram. Do you have the HS45 and HS81 diagram including the gear box that you can post? I have been looking for the diagram of these two hedge trimmers.

7. 60s_fan

60s_fan LawnSite Member
    from na

I have a good relationship with a stihl dealer.

hs45.JPG

hs81.JPG

8. 60s_fan

60s_fan LawnSite Member
    from na

Gearbox pics

hs45gear.JPG

hs81gear.JPG

9. Alan0354

I really appreciated all the diagrams. I have been searching all over for these.

Do you have the BG86 blower? I promise this is the last one I want!!!

Thanks

Alan

10. 60s_fan

60s_fan LawnSite Member
    from na

Here you go friend. I'm off to dinner and karaoke!

bg86.JPG