Stihl FS90

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by deereman, May 20, 2006.

1. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Anybody out there running one of these? How do you like it? I bought one today I tried it just a little,but I was busy with other things that I had to get done. So I did not get to really compare it to our FS80's. We run at least 4 guys trimming while we mow our cemeterys and an older trimmer that we use was acting up so I thought that I would try the FS90, as this is the future replacement for the FS80's. Which has been our main model of trimmers.Any comments?
  2. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

I bought four (4) of them last month and my guys seem to like them. They are even grapping those now in front of the RedMax's.
  3. gunner27

gunner27 LawnSite Member
    from ohio

Yes, they are the replacements for the FS80 and FS85's. I really do like the new 4mix trimmers, but my dealer still has a few FS85's left, so I think I might buy one because I still like the old 2 stoke performance as well.
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

I bought one and took it back for a regular 2 cycle. The FS-90 doesn't seem to have much power and was a little top heavy for me. You can keep the 4 mix/4 cycle stuff....I'm sticking with 2 cycle trimmers etc.
  5. deereman

deereman LawnSite Senior Member
    from USA

Thanks..............interesting feed back. I think that I will like mine as well. But I guess we will just have to see.