1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

STIHL FS90R part schematic for throttle assembly

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by jlbf0786, Aug 24, 2012.

1. jlbf0786

jlbf0786 LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Charlotte, NC

Does anyone have the IPL for the STIHL FS90R trimmer ?

I specifically need the throttle assembly schematic if possible, they're somewhat hard to come by.

If you have this particular breakdown available please let me know.

J. Barringer
    Charlotte NC
  2. dboyd351

dboyd351 LawnSite Bronze Member

Stihl is a PITA with their IPLs. They want you to pay dealer rates for all your parts and labor. That said, you can buy a "Spare Parts List" from your dealer for your machine. They don't promote this, but if you request it you can get one.
    I've got one for the FS 90 R, have scanned the two pages you are looking for and attached them. Hope it helps.

Attached Files:

3. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

This has been a frequent point of discussion recently. I replaced my throttle cable, but took no pics. Later, when more questions arose, I took the handle partially apart to get some pics. I've annotated the pics (albeit poorly) in an attempt to help somebody installing the cable.

If it helps, good. If not, sorry, I am not going to completely disassemble for the sake of better pics.