1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl FS90R

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by derekarbeiter, Mar 24, 2008.

1. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

Hey guys

I have a Stihl FS90R string trimmer and I have the original string head it came with. Dont get me wrong, the head is bigger than my previous trimmer, but I am looking for a head that will hold more string and one that is easier to change out. What do you guys use? Commercial mowing can eat a head of string up very quick and its very frustrating having to stop and reload when time is an issue. Thanks
  2. CreativeEdge

CreativeEdge LawnSite Member

Just make sure you get a head from you dealer that will hold the 1.05 string, it wont be as much, but it will last a hell of a lot longer than .95. Thats about all I can tell you to do, but you are probably already doing so prob not much help.
  3. K/B

K/B LawnSite Senior Member

Get a Shindaiwa Speed-Feed 450. Holds 20ft of string .95 string and reloads in seconds, without disassembly. It also will take string size up to .130. You'll need either the Universal model or the regular model with a Stihl adapter.
  4. derekarbeiter

derekarbeiter LawnSite Member

Thanks guys, I will look more into that.:)
  5. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

Ditto, I love the one I have, I'm getting another for my FS 90.