Stihl Hedge trimmer

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by brian mon, Jun 8, 2004.

1. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

It's time for me to break down and get a set of hedge trimmers.....

I'm looking at the HS 80 w/24'' bar

Does anyone have a website to order from...my dealer quoted me $355. (24'') and $375.(30'')....don't know if these are very good prices ??? Would like something to compare with.

I have no other choice in my area, as for brands so I'm only looking for Stihl info.

Thanks

2. all degree

all degree LawnSite Senior Member

Those prices are right on with the dealer in my area. I have the HS 45 and they work great except that they need o be brought back for carb adjustments pretty regularly.

3. Blessed 1

Blessed 1 LawnSite Senior Member

I have read somewhere that Stihl does not allow on line sales. I do know that in my area all dealers have the same price on paper, they will offer you a deal face to face.

4. barringtonbrothers

barringtonbrothers LawnSite Senior Member

I just bought one yesturday. It was on sale for 359 plus tax/ reg 379. I got them to throw in a brick of stihl highperformance 50:1 gas mix with it. I got the longest one they had. I cant remember how long it is off top of my head, but I think its the longest one they make. I had to break down and buy one too, I didnt want to spend that much on it, but I wanted to invest in the best equipment I could afford. I broke it in on my yard yesturday, and will be using it for the first job tomorrow.

5. greenblood

greenblood LawnSite Member
    from Pa

I bought a HS 45 with 18 inch bar a couple weeks ago for around $260. Love it.

6. 65hoss

65hoss LawnSite Fanatic

I got mine in 2000 for $355 plus tax. So you are getting them years later for the same.

7. brian mon

brian mon LawnSite Member

Hey thanks all....

Just got back in...picked up 2 trimming jobs today.

Guess I'll just suck it up and get em....

Maybe I can get them to throw in a shirt...Got a hat with a new edger this year already

8. trimmning bushes with that is like trimming with a chain saw ..im a brute and they ware me out after a day of trimming with them things ...id put that 355 on an extended length sthil hedge trimmer like the ..hl 100 with the 4 mix engine if it was me.

9. KL Squared

KL Squared LawnSite Member

Odin is right about the weight. It does not take long to get worn out using those trimmers. The price is right on with what I spent this year on my 30 inch. I do like it and it runs great.

10. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

i know i have the hs80 with the 30" bar and it's heavy and cumbersome. i'd much rather have the articulating attachment for my trimmer. i used Hoss's not too long ago and smoked thru the bushes in the time i'd spent doing 3 or 4 with the HS80's.