Stihl high & low adjustmnt limit?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by cariboulou, Nov 3, 2006.

1. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

I just got a br340 bp blower and want to take those little red caps? or whatever is on the high and low adjustment screws off. Id like to adjsut for a little more high than it will let me, I run amsoil 2 stroke mix and feel comfortable doig it. Has anybody else removed these before? On my echo gear, I used to be able to just pull them off with pliers. On this stihl, its set inside a housing of some sort.

2. Restrorob

Restrorob LawnSite Fanatic

Sent you a PM......

3. khouse

khouse LawnSite Bronze Member

I fully understand what your talking about. Most engines are set so lean that thay almost fall on thier face. I was told (don't know for sure) that the EPA or similar is checking the limits ect. to see if they have been tampered with and dishing out fines if so. Any one been fined here?

4. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Take a Diagonal Wire Cutters and cut the plastic stops off so you can turn the screws. I had the same problem that you had a once I readjusted everything was just fine. These little plastic devices can be pulled straight off also.

5. cariboulou

cariboulou LawnSite Member

thanks everyone for the advice, what I did is to screw a standard drywall screw into the cap and when the point hit the adjustment screw it pushed the red cap off enough I was able to pull it straight out with pliers easily! No I can adjust it as I need.