STIHL Hs45

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jmurphy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. jmurphy

jmurphy LawnSite Senior Member

Hey, I am looking for another hedge trimmer to compliment my extended reach trimmer. My dealer has the Hs45 for $285.00. Is that a good price? Also, If you have an HS45, what are your likes and dislikes about it. Thanks,

John Murphy

2. grandview (2006)

grandview (2006) LawnSite Gold Member

I have one no real problems with it. I think if I was to get another I'd go with the one where the handle can change position.

3. DSLND

DSLND LawnSite Bronze Member

I bought one in june, LOVE IT!!, woundnt trade that thing for anything, no more chopping extension cords, its paid for itself twice and i paid $299.00 and its got some power! I really like it, but next year im getting a KM 110 for a second trimmer and edger, and also to have other attachments like, the brushcutter, chain saw, and the hedge trimmer for big hedge trimming jobs. IMO its a great piece of equipment, i only buy STIHL 2 cycle equipment and that brand has neaver let me down. Hope this helps! -Mitch-

4. WJW Lawn

WJW Lawn LawnSite Bronze Member

Love my HS45 too. And Ive chopped a cord too...man thats scary! lol

5. lawnmaniac883

lawnmaniac883 LawnSite Silver Member

Just buy the HS80 and be done with it. Not that much more $$ either, 50 bucks at most.

6. MowerMoney

MowerMoney LawnSite Senior Member

For all the hedges I've done the HS45 works just fine for me.

7. procut

procut LawnSite Bronze Member

I have HS 45. No problems ever.

8. LLandscaping

LLandscaping LawnSite Bronze Member

I have 3 HS 80 but have used a HS 45 a lot in the past. The HS 45 is light weight and is great for small shrubs. I like the longer bar on the HS 80's for trimming larger shrubs. The HS 80's have a larger engine and fuel tank but are heavier than the HS 45.

9. noseha

noseha LawnSite Senior Member
    from MI

I use a 45 and can use the head on a fs-85 for more reach

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

I have a hs 45 and it has worked good for me

wayne