1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Turf Renovation' started by jmurphy, Oct 26, 2006.

1. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Good unit but take a look at the HS81t the blade speed is so much faster and my hands don't tingle after using it . Also it has the adjustable handle.
  2. Lawnworks

Lawnworks LawnSite Fanatic
    from usa

I have found no need for trimmer to compliment the extended reach trimmers... I would just get an echo short extended reach trimmer... they seem to be better for boxwoods and fine trimming. But the stihl extended reach is by far the stoutest trimmer out there. That is my experience, and we probably trim 20-30k of hedges a year.
  3. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

Mine is great! It works really well and it is light. I would buy another set any day.
  4. jcltyson

jcltyson LawnSite Member

Purchase an HS 45 in the spring. The unit has done a great job all year. Plenty of power. Had a friend buy a high end RedMax at the same time. Red Max was higher in price but the 45 seem to be as powerful and versitile as the more expensive unit.
  5. punk_rockin2001

punk_rockin2001 LawnSite Member

I love mine. The improvement over an electric one is not even comparable. I don't use it very often so I didn't think I needed the HS80. Too big and too expensive. You'll like the hs45.