1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by walker/redmax, Jul 28, 2006.

1. walker/redmax

walker/redmax LawnSite Senior Member

OK, I know this is the commercial mowing forum but this one always has the most viewers. Now, what do you guys think, the husqvarna 372XP or the stihl MS440? The Husky is cheaper on Baileys than the stihl is at my dealer by about $100 bucks. However, I have always believed that you get what you pay for. I also looked at a Redmax but my dealer told me that if I want something this size that the the 61cc redmax was not as good as stihl or husky. So I figured that if the redmax dealer advises me to get a stihl or husky, that is a pretty good sign that I don't want a redmax. I have already been to arboristsite and it was very helpful but I got banned for lippin' off to the mediator.:laugh: Live and learn.:drinkup:
  2. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ

I don't have the MS440 but I do have an 025,HT101,MS260 PRO and they are the best saws that I have used hands down. If I were you I'd spend the extra $$$ and buy the Stihl.

Good luck

3. Mow N GO 06

Mow N GO 06 LawnSite Member

Stihl is always the best choice...Better Quality, Better Dealer Support, Dont buy anything that can be bougt a Lowes or The Home Depot if you intend to make money with it. Does the words "Go Broke" mean anything to you?
  4. walker/redmax

Husqvarna is not sold at Lows or Home Depot.
  5. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

Might be the dumbest thing I have ever heard! Husky makes very good commercial saws and just because some of them are sold at Lowes it does not make them junk!

Now....if you want an EXCELLENT 67 cc saw try the Echo CS-670. It is a true commercial saw with a ton of power and a one year commercial warranty for only $469!
  6. jkingrph

jkingrph LawnSite Senior Member

Husky"s are now being sold at TSC( tractor supply, a farm& ranch chain store type in Texas, No service)
  7. Dashunde

Dashunde LawnSite Senior Member

8. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

The 372 is a MUCH better choice!! The Stihl seems to get piston slap early in its life on the model. They just cant compete with the 372 rpm, power and weight.

Last I knew baileys did not have this saw, it is being replaced by the 575 and there are not many 372's left. If you can find one buy it, you wont regret it!

Check out all the good reviews on arboristsite.com for the 372, that will tell you something.
  9. saw man

saw man LawnSite Bronze Member
    from utah

10. walker/redmax