Stihl Junkies?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Nov 18, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What are you talking about??? The spool has nothing to do with the engine.:dizzy: The fs55r has the same spool. What kind do you have? Is it the autocut head?

Easy there total care. Don't get more than you need.:rolleyes:

2. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

No, I mean power up, how fast it gets to its top speed, the 4-mix takes longer.

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i know what you mean about getting the head speed up but i have found as long as you keep it spinning even a little it helps alot almost seems like it is something in the clutch mecanism takes a little to fully engage or something i dont know but man you have to love the power. When it comes to thick wet grass cant beat the power

4. tosainu1

tosainu1 LawnSite Member

I have the Br600 magnum and ms290 chainsaw and i'm looking to get a ms660 so yes..i'd say i'm a stihl fan...

5. zopi

zopi LawnSite Member

If you are not doing all day production cutting the 660is way overkill...I have one, and love it, but it is a ***** to work for very long...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you. My garage is getting as orange as a Home Depot. :)

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Stop feeding it corn and it may run. Stihl is a meat eater. As in dino meat. Try some real gas.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

this thread should be called sthil junk. i will never buy another sthil product.

9. bkruk

bkruk LawnSite Member

I have always, and will continue to run stihl equipment. Blowers are great, trimmers have much a ton of power, and their chainsaws are legendary. Another big reason is my local stihl shop is very nice, and I have always had great service no matter what. You just cant beat the 4mix engine!

10. zopi

zopi LawnSite Member

Gotta 180c that fell in the weeds behind the sawmill...then I deployed...a year later, I thought, ah crap..just bought a chainsaw,
    Dumped the old gas...poured in some new....she started on the third pull....gottaluvit.
    Posted via Mobile Device