1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community on the Franchising Forum.

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Junkies?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by WJW Lawn, Nov 18, 2006.

1. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

What are you talking about??? The spool has nothing to do with the engine.:dizzy: The fs55r has the same spool. What kind do you have? Is it the autocut head?

Easy there total care. Don't get more than you need.:rolleyes:

2. Mike's All Season Service

Mike's All Season Service LawnSite Senior Member

No, I mean power up, how fast it gets to its top speed, the 4-mix takes longer.

3. pclawncare

pclawncare LawnSite Senior Member

i know what you mean about getting the head speed up but i have found as long as you keep it spinning even a little it helps alot almost seems like it is something in the clutch mecanism takes a little to fully engage or something i dont know but man you have to love the power. When it comes to thick wet grass cant beat the power

4. tosainu1

tosainu1 LawnSite Member

I have the Br600 magnum and ms290 chainsaw and i'm looking to get a ms660 so yes..i'd say i'm a stihl fan...

5. zopi

zopi LawnSite Member

If you are not doing all day production cutting the 660is way overkill...I have one, and love it, but it is a ***** to work for very long...
    Posted via Mobile Device

6. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

I hear you. My garage is getting as orange as a Home Depot. :)

7. Richard Martin

Richard Martin LawnSite Fanatic

Stop feeding it corn and it may run. Stihl is a meat eater. As in dino meat. Try some real gas.

8. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

this thread should be called sthil junk. i will never buy another sthil product.

9. bkruk

bkruk LawnSite Member

I have always, and will continue to run stihl equipment. Blowers are great, trimmers have much a ton of power, and their chainsaws are legendary. Another big reason is my local stihl shop is very nice, and I have always had great service no matter what. You just cant beat the 4mix engine!

10. zopi

zopi LawnSite Member

Gotta 180c that fell in the weeds behind the sawmill...then I deployed...a year later, I thought, ah crap..just bought a chainsaw,
    Dumped the old gas...poured in some new....she started on the third pull....gottaluvit.
    Posted via Mobile Device