Stihl KM 110 - decarb question

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by yellowfin, Sep 20, 2007.

1. yellowfin

yellowfin LawnSite Member
    from FL

I went in to buy a Stihl KM 90 powerhead today and they were sold-out -- so my dealer offered to give me the KM 110 for the price of the KM 90. In looking at the specs, may not have really gained much in power or whatever with the 110 over the 90. Bit the bullet and go the 110 anyway.

I think I'm going to run the synthetic oil. I'm new to these 4-mxes and I'm still not too sure about them. When running the Stihl synthetic oil and high octane gas, do any of you guys still need to de-carb the exhaust port after alot of hours?

2. fishmagnet

fishmagnet LawnSite Member
    from Texas

I put a few ounces of SeaFoam and Yamaha Ring Free in every container of pre-mix.

Keeps all of my 2-strokers happy and clean!:cool2:

3. Breezmeister

Breezmeister LawnSite Bronze Member
    Male, from South Jersey

I don't work in a Stihl shop, but I do see a few Stihls and if you are using anything other then Stihl oil you will see carbon in the port and the muffler as well as the valves. Personally, IMHO, I think Stihls are way over engineered
    Next time you are at your Stihl dealer, ask him to show you the Stihl comparison test they did with different oils and the 4 mix engines, it will surprise you :)

4. lawnboy dan

lawnboy dan LawnSite Gold Member

i have seen that oil test chart. it sold me on using sthil ultra-that and my br600 runs better on it. i noticed a diff right away.

5. Tahoe1889

Tahoe1889 LawnSite Member

My KM 110R came with a kit to re tighten the vales after so many hours

6. jsf343

jsf343 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree, I really noticed a big difference on all my sthil equipment as well.