1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Km 130

Discussion in 'Starting a Lawn Care Business' started by husk1295, Jul 11, 2008.

1. husk1295

husk1295 LawnSite Member

Hey guys i need some advise, would it be better to get the km 130 and all attachments i would need, trimmer, edger, and pruner, or should i buy these seperatly.
  2. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I've never dealt with the km 130 but unless those attachments are quick-release it's not much fun to be constantly switching out heads... And even if they are quick-release for a full-timer I would rather have one of each than a swiss army knife, hope that makes sense.
  3. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I agree with that...sort of.

I recommend buying the Kombi with the edger and pruner. Then, buy a dedicated trimmer. Or, get a dedicated edger and buy the trimmer attachment.
  4. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I use the Kombi system. It's pretty painless to change from one to the other. But, I also have another dedicated trimmer. I don't actually change it that often. I use the Kombi as my edger and it stays on except for a couple of times a week. This arrangement gives me two trimmers when needed.