Stihl KM Workshop Manual?

Discussion in 'Mechanic and Repair' started by Yuanding, May 26, 2009.

1. Yuanding

Yuanding LawnSite Member
    from England

Does anyone know whether there exists such a thing as a workshop manual for the Stihl KM Combi range of power units? I'm not talking about the owner's manual that just covers basic maintenance, but a manual that shows all the internals, illustrating how to take the engines to bits etc.

It's really frustrating that I can work knowledgably on almost any motorbike or car because there are good workshop manuals on public sale, but when it comes to a simple little two-stroke engine I have no technical, workshop information at my fingertips, and have only my own intuition to rely on. Are these manuals available and if so how do i get them?
  2. dutch1

dutch1 LawnSite Silver Member
    from Jayhawk

Just my guess, but if they are available, they are most likely available only from a Stihl dealer. Stihl is fairly proprietary with their information as well as parts breakdowns of their equipment.

3. mowerknower

mowerknower LawnSite Senior Member

Yep your stihl dealer should be able to print one up for you. They may or may not charge you for it.
  4. Yuanding

Yuanding LawnSite Member
    from England

Stihl dealer says no, only dealers are allowed access to manuals. What a stupid system! Surely the manuals are available somewhere outside of the dealer network. It's not like I'm asking for some kind of sacred scroll or something.
  5. madmower

madmower LawnSite Member

hi which km do you have? please give me your email
  6. Yuanding

Yuanding LawnSite Member
    from England

Thanks a lot! I have sent you my email by PM. Please post again if you don't get it. I've got a KM130R and also a KM55R