1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Kombi tools

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by jnrogers, Jun 20, 2008.

1. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Has anyone tried the new stihl kombi tools with the 4 mix engines? I bought a kombi motor 110 last week with a straight edger and have only used it 4 times and now the stupid thing wont start.:cry: Taking it to the shop tomorrow. I am just worried I have bought a lemon. I have a bunch of other stihl stuff but never one problem. Are these 4 mixes any good?
  2. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

I love mine!

Every thing I own is the new 4mix now there great I think.

I got every Attch they make
  3. Icepuck72

Icepuck72 LawnSite Senior Member

I have a FS90 4 mix and love it to death. Hardly have to choke it, never have to prime it. Hopefully it's something silly with yours.
  4. Roger

Roger LawnSite Fanatic

I bought an FS90R about ten days ago. It starts better than any other hand-held OPE I have owned. It needs one choke on the first job of the day, starts on that first pull. All the rest of the starts during the day, no choke, and starts on first pull. I have had to learn to expect it to start on the first pull -- not the case with any other hand-held.
  5. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company LawnSite Bronze Member
    from NE Ohio

Same here, if it takes more then 2 pulls somethings wrong!
  6. bowhunter74

bowhunter74 LawnSite Member
    from mo

I just got the FS130 4MIX bike handle, it's a BEAST. The fuel line fell of in the tank, but it was an easy fix in the field.
  7. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

I bet you $10 its the fuel line in the tank that fell off. Mine did the same thing about 45 minutes after I got it...since they fixed it (10 minute repair) I have had no problems.
  8. jnrogers

jnrogers LawnSite Member
    from East TN

Guess I owe you $10:laugh: My line fell off too. The mechanic at the shop told me they barely put them on at the factory. He put a tie on it and pushed it all the way on. Now this thing is running before I get the cord all the way out. I was worried yesterday that I bought a lemon. Never had one bad stihl product, and that is all I buy.
  9. cgaengineer

cgaengineer LawnSite Fanatic

We should all call Stihl and make them aware that this is a problem. Nothing pisses someone off more then spending a small fortune on something that breaks after 10 minutes use.

Glad they were able to fix it quickly. Keep the $10 and get yourself some Stihl Ultra oil (White Bottle).
  10. Youngone07

Youngone07 LawnSite Member

Same problem, I bought my FS 90 R last thursday, brought it home, went right to work. However i only had four lawns that day, so not that much trimming compared to normal, and the next day wouldnt start, took it to the dealer, quick fix no more than ten minutes later i had a brushcutter on it purrrrinnggg!!!! Hahah but now no problems, and demolishes everything in it's path ! What a beast, but a phone call would be a good idea