Stihl MS192T Chain Saw

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by CutApproved, Jul 13, 2008.

1. CutApproved

CutApproved LawnSite Member
    from NJ

Stihl MS192T Chain Saw 14" - WHATS IT WORTH??

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey all, I'm looking at this chain saw,, its used but appears to be in GREAT condition.

What should I expect to pay? I don't have pics but I guess just consider the model# and the fact that I'm saying it appears to be in GREAT condition.

Is it worth $200, $300, $400 ?? I'm not sure of the year but if you could let me know your opinion.

I'm not even sure if they still make this model.

THANKS

2. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

Still being made, nice little saw. It's always difficult when buying used saws. The only tip I can give you from afar is to made sure it idles well. Start it and let it warm up. Then apply the blade brake, put it on the floor and let it idle for two or three minuets. It should tick-over fine and even. If it doesn't it might only need a carb adjustment, but it could be worse.
    Value wise? check the new list price then offer them 60% of new price, less if you've got the cheek :)
    Go on, you know you want it. atb Phil

3. CutApproved

from NJ

Well my first problem is... ITS ON EBAY. Compared to other saws the guy is selling, he says this one runs great, one or two pulls. He doesn't say that in other listings, so I kinda figured this was one of the better ones he had.
    Plus I like the fact its soo small.

I still have my old model Stihl 025.. and one or two pulls and it runs GREAT!!
    I was looking for something smaller.

4. CrystalCreek

CrystalCreek LawnSite Bronze Member

Just bought a brand new 192T yesterday. $299 plus tax. I would not pay more than $150 used, no matter the condition. For only another buck fifty, you would have one with a warrenty. By the way, a great little saw. Hope this helps.

5. Phil G

Phil G LawnSite Senior Member

If I recall right, most of the 025's were sold with an 18in blade. Why not buy a smaller bar and chain? Check with your local dealer but, I'm sure these will take a 14in bar and chain, atb Phil

6. Youngone07

Youngone07 LawnSite Member

my friend just bought one, a fabulous saw it ran us 344.99 with tax and all, very light weight and a very good buy, go for it

7. CutApproved

from NJ

Is the 192 a professional saw? or more of a homeower kind?
    I thought these ran for about $600 brand new.

8. Lazer_Z

Lazer_Z LawnSite Silver Member
    from NJ