Stihl MS290

Discussion in 'Stolen Equipment' started by Daily Lawn/Landscape, Jan 9, 2009.

1. Nick's Lawn Care

Nick's Lawn Care LawnSite Senior Member

They could steal my stuff if they wanted, but this should slow them down some...

2. Perfect Image TLM

Perfect Image TLM LawnSite Senior Member

Theft is on the rise... Everyone needs to keep a good eye out for thier equipment, more than ever since the economy is shook up.

3. justanotherlawnguy

justanotherlawnguy LawnSite Bronze Member

funny thing was, several cars and one lawn company drove by while I was cutting the cable and nobody said anything. Broad daylight, nobody cares anymore..:laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Grassmechanic

Grassmechanic LawnSite Silver Member

Sure don't look like it in the pic. I can see the end of the loop.

5. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Man, I really envy you on that ms200. You have loads of new equipment, just starting out?

I just about gave up on chains and cables for security. Had a husqvarna saw stolen whilst chained down. The massive chain was intact. Mr brainiac thief must have cut front handle open and replaced the $20 part before selling my saw. Any lock is only as strong of protection as the equipment it secures.

6. Nick's Lawn Care

Yea im getting out of lawn care and getting into tree work... the 200t is a great saw!!! I wish i bought a 660 though instead of the 441...

Thanks nick

7. Nick's Lawn Care

here's another picture...

100_1414.jpg

8. jkilov

jkilov LawnSite Bronze Member
    from MS

Sometimes I wonder myself whether or not to bail out on mowing. Just so hard to earn any real money, whilst I make more with the saws during storm cleanups.

Anyway, thanks for the pic, I'm looking at getting the rear handle 200 for thin work.
    And don't worry about the 441, the 660 weighs 17lbs and is used more for competition than every day work. There's a tree service forum on this site if you ever need any info.

9. Nick's Lawn Care

I worked with a tree guy last summer and we used a 660 all the time... My stihl store offered me a deal on the 200 rear handle but i wanted the top handle...

10. Nick's Lawn Care

I love to do storm work. We had a wind storm a couple of months ago and worked 3 days, it was a blast!