stihl need a new design on the backing on the blowers!!!

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by hanson's glc, Oct 21, 2008.

1. hanson's glc

hanson's glc LawnSite Member
    from mn

i have 4 stihl blower 2 550 and 2 600. i have Have 1 600 for a year and the other for 3 months
    i have had the top handle brake off one. all of the blowers have crackers in the middle of the top handle. today i dropped the blower 2 feet in the trailer, and the corner of the backing plate broke. now the right strap falls out of the grove that it hocks in to.
    i have one echo 651 for 3 years never had any problem with any thing breaking. the echo has a tub like plastic backing plate. stihl has a hard plastic.
    i like the power, comfort,and quite 600 but if i spend $40 to 50 for each blower. that adds up quick.

has any one else had the problems?

2. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

stop abusing your equipment a hole!!!!! :laugh::laugh:

i yell like a crazy man when i see one of my guys throwing my br's around like stepchildren.

i broke one but only because a tree picked it up out of my truck and threw it 30' into the air. (long story) i just paid to have the backplate replaced and had the straps done to.

3. RedSox4Life

RedSox4Life LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Mass

Only when one of my employees ran over a 550 with the truck....

4. P.Services

P.Services LawnSite Fanatic

hanson what do you think of the lw leaf loader?

does it have enough power? im looking at buying the same one.

5. hanson's glc

from mn

if droping the blower out of the trimmer trap st2 is that abuse. that just happens. i had a echo for 3 years never had a problem with the way i treated it

6. hanson's glc

from mn

i like it but i have only ran maybe 1 hour total. i just got it. power is fine but horse power is like sex, a little to much is just right.