Stihl or Echo trimmer?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by ENDURO, Mar 29, 2006.

ENDURO LawnSite Member

My cheap Poulan trimmer just isn't cutting it. It's balanced all wrong, never ran very well, and is a pain to change the line. Anyone have experience w/ one or better yet both Stihl and Echo? I know both have great reputations and I have both dealers near me. I'm sure both are priced similarly and I'm not really concerned w/ a small price difference. I want to buy one that will last a long time and is easy to use and maintain.
  2. dsmrolla06

dsmrolla06 LawnSite Senior Member

I have an Echo 210, i like it pretty well and i just bought a Sthil 95. Havent used that one yet tho.
  3. 2 clowns mowing

2 clowns mowing LawnSite Senior Member

buy husqvarna comes with 2 year warranty, light weight powerfull:clapping:
  4. ThirdDay

ThirdDay LawnSite Senior Member

All Echo products here and very happy with them. Stihl makes a very good trimmer too but I don't want anything to do with the new 4 cycle/4 mix engines!

Husky trimmers suck!
  5. Tanaka

Tanaka Inactive

Finally, somebody who gets it!

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl trimmers, AWSOME! very powerful, well balanced machines. ive had mine for several years and havn't had to fix or change ANYTHING at all! started right up after being away for the winter too. Great machines, for commercial though, ide reccomend going with the FS80 and up, and the 4-Mix engines seem really good as well.
  7. PGA

PGA LawnSite Senior Member

they both make great products but I think the Echos are lighter, which for me, someone with a bad back, makes a big difference.
  8. JTF40

JTF40 LawnSite Senior Member

The nearest dealer with the best service - THAT is the ticket. :usflag:
  9. 24ON48OFF

24ON48OFF LawnSite Member

Had an echo but it fell off the trailer last year. Replaced it with the FS80. I dont think I could go back to the echo now.
  10. ed2hess

ed2hess LawnSite Fanatic

Stay with the true 2 stoke and don't buy any unit that doesn't have a carb jet adjustment!!!! The Echo 261 is an excellant unit but their smaller units are good also. The Stihl 370 is an excellant unit don't know about any of their new units.