Stihl or Echo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Reassurance Property, Mar 20, 2008.

1. Reassurance Property

Reassurance Property LawnSite Member

Would you rather have Stihl trimmers or Echo? I have 3 Echo's that work great, but all of my other equipment (blowers, hedge trimmer, tiller, chainsaws, etc.) are Stihl's. Advantages, and cost? Just curious what others think.
  2. creatived

creatived LawnSite Member

3. yungman

yungman LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Calif.

Get 2 cycles. All your Stihl are 2 cycles, that's why they are good. Trimmer, stay with Echo.
  4. Raven386

Raven386 LawnSite Silver Member
    from CT

I would rather have Stihl blowers because of the weight & power.

The Stihl trimmers have a lot of power and always start right up, compared to the Echo's that take a while to get running full throttle. Echo's trimmers are light and balanced, Stihl a bit heavier.

As far as pricing goes, they are comparible IMO. So if I had to buy another trimmer tomorrow, it would probably be a Stihl. Although I have been hearing a bit about those new Echo 280's though. If I had to buy another blower, hands down Stihl BR600 would be the one I got.
  5. Brown's LC & L

Brown's LC & L LawnSite Member

If you're at all open to another brand, I'd suggest Husquavarna. My dad always used Stihl, and when I started I was gonna by all Stihl, then he gave me a Husquavarna trimmer. I have had no problems with it. His Stihl products, after some use, seemed to always give us problems starting. The Husq. have always worked and I now have a blower, edger and chain saw. Extremely happy with them and they are cheaper than the other two brands.
  6. Lynden-Jeff

Lynden-Jeff LawnSite Bronze Member

We use all echo, have been very happy with their products. They have some new trimmers coming out which are a great price and look pretty good.

7. mowerman111

mowerman111 LawnSite Senior Member

We use nothing but Echo trimmers, everything else is Sthil.
  8. RGM

RGM LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Baltimore Md

Echo is best buy for your buck
  9. aird208

aird208 LawnSite Member

I like my Sthils, ive had echos in the past but from here on out i will buy only Stihl 4-mix trimmers. Just my preferance.
  10. Happy Frog

Happy Frog LawnSite Bronze Member

I use the newest Echo (PAS-265) and I like them.