stihl or echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by bakerc8, Jul 8, 2008.

1. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

i have the money to buy a hedge trimmer and what should i buy stihl or echo i have a lot of echo dealers in my area as well as stihl but i want a good company witch one should i get?
  2. Atlantic Lawn

Atlantic Lawn LawnSite Senior Member
    Male, from Outer Banks NC

That's a bit like the Ford or Chevy question, I prefer the Stihl.
  3. fireman528

fireman528 LawnSite Member

I have Echo and they also work fine
  4. kogafortwo

kogafortwo LawnSite Member

I have a Stihl extended reach hedge trimmer and it will chop up the jungle real fast. But I'm kind of a Stihl fanatic.
  5. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

I just bought an HL 100. Nice trimmer.
  6. dura to the max

dura to the max LawnSite Silver Member
    from georgia

im on the stihl side of the fence. imo and experience dealer support is one of the biggest things to look at when buying equipment though. most of this stuff is built to the same industry standard, so its pretty comparable. i vote stihl, but i run other equipment when i get a deal.
  7. bakerc8

bakerc8 LawnSite Member

the dealer in my area for both are good so stihl i like echo persenoly but that is me but i love my stihl blower i dont like the handhelds tho. i thought the hedgetrimmer was not a handheld or is it i dont know.
  8. dKoester

dKoester LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl makes different kinds of trimmers. HS 81R's are great for cutting larger stemmed bushes. Very tough machine. I like the HL100's. Light weight and they reach far. I use both when I do trim jobs. Just remember to give your machines their break in time so they can get well seated. Doing so gives you machines more power. 5-15 tanks of mixed fuel.
  9. freshprince94

freshprince94 LawnSite Bronze Member

I vote for Stihl. I love my Stihl hedge trimmer.
  10. Just Mow

Just Mow LawnSite Senior Member
    from Texas

Another vote for the STIHL