Stihl Or Echo?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Micheal2008, Oct 24, 2008.

1. Micheal2008

Micheal2008 LawnSite Member

Im sure this has been asked 1 millions times but just wondering your guys thoughts. We live like 2 mins from a ace hardware that sells echo and ive always been a stihl man myself but did check out there gear and brother end up buying the 755t echo backpack blower at $469.99, Which is cheaper then the stihl br600. Anyways ive been thinking about going with echo myself i tested his unit and liked it alot. And with a cheaper price tag then stihl also closest stihl dealer store is like 25+ miles away in a whole diffrent county.. Just really wondering if ech being alot closer to my house if i should go with them instead of stihl. I think with cheaper prices by $40 dollars off the backpack blowers and it being about 23 miles closer i would end up saving alot of money by going with them in the long run..

Also considering going with echo trimmer as well, ive used the fs90 stihl model and it seem to have pretty good bit of power it self. If i do go with echo what trimmer do you guys prefer? Thanks.

2. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I run all Echo and have had no problems. I would never buy anything else but it all comes down to personal preference and dealer support. Every guy on here will tell you what they like and why its the best but its personal preference. Either choice will be good just make sure you have a dealer that will help you if you need something in a pinch.

3. Micheal2008

Well the guys at ace When we bought his seem to have really good customer service they didnt have box for his unit and we wasnt going to buy, but they gave us free landscaping glose value at $18 a peaice and free echo tshirts just cause it was display unit and didnt have the box, but came with all manuals and warranty information and the free bottle of echo mixing oil.. Its just alot closer and be nice to know that i dont have to drive to whole new county to pick up anything or get a part.. And i know alot of guys run them on here and i was ifey at first but when i tryied his own and used it seem to be just as great as the sthil br600 if not better.. and air filter is placed right on top for easy to change access takes like 3 seconds lol...

4. KrayzKajun

KrayzKajun LawnSite Fanatic

ive always ran echo. i love my SRM-210 trimmers. im only 5'7" so most trimmers are too long for me! LOL

5. Micheal2008

Yeah i think i will go echo also. I was impressed with his blower, and yes i have used a br600 and thats what i was going to get till i used his and started looking more into them..

Also thinking going with eithier 210 or 230 trimmer how is the power in them? I mean i dont plan on cutting down 3 foot high grass with any of them but for regular use how do they work?

6. milike

milike LawnSite Member
    from MI

stihl...has been it..

7. beano

beano LawnSite Senior Member

I run all SRM 210's and love them. Light weight and reliable. Always been easy to start, good price and decent power for how light they are. As long as you dont plan on brush cutting with them, they should work fine. I have the 755 and its a beast, kind of heavy but very powerful and easy starting.

8. Micheal2008

Well im hoping we dont get yards people havent mowed in a year lol..

9. stevenf

stevenf LawnSite Bronze Member

I have both the SRM-210 and 230. The 230 is nice to have for a little extra power but neither the 210 nor 230 do good with thoughs abandoned property lawns.
    WIth .95 trimmer line, I prefer my 210 over the 230 because of weight. There is a noticable difference between the two and the 230 starts to hurt my arm while edging long distances. The 210 is a feather!

10. huntw11871

huntw11871 LawnSite Member
    from NC

If you have a Kawasaki dealer near by I would go with them. I have not found anything that has the weight and power like them.