Stihl Or Echo

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by buckeyes04, Oct 21, 2004.

1. buckeyes04

buckeyes04 LawnSite Member
    from Ohio

I am looking at Stihl and Echo trimmers. Which one should I get?

Also, edgers. Should I got with a stick edger or just a normal edger? Sorry if I am incorrect the type of edgers I just mentioned.

I saw a LCO using a trimmer to edge, but he has a disc like thing on the end. I don't know if it was just a cover or an actual type of trimming tool. Anybody know what that might have been. The edge around the sides walks he did, looked awesome.

2. out4now

out4now LawnSite Bronze Member
    from AZ

Single side trimmer or double? Personally prefer Echo over Sthil on the hedge trimmer. Could have been a recipricator like Red Max makes or that trimmer guide that you see advertised in Turf magazine.

3. dixhead

dixhead LawnSite Member

What is the difference between the curved edger attachments and the straight (other than straight being way more expensive)? Also, do you recommend the all in one machines (I know Stihl has several, sure that echo does as well)?

4. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

5. DennisF

DennisF LawnSite Bronze Member
    from Florida

The tools listed below are all you'll need to do lawn care.

6. Travis Followell

Travis Followell LawnSite Silver Member
    from KY

Go with which ever one you like because both are great trimmers. We have a new Stihl 110 and it is the most powerful trimmer I have ever used. We also have an echo blower and is very powerful. Again just get which ever one you like because I personally don't think one is any better than the other.

7. Eric 1

Eric 1 LawnSite Bronze Member

Echo has the better blower, but other than that they are about the same. I have had great service out of my stihls, always reliable, but their blowers are WAY to week.

8. MMLawn

MMLawn LawnSite Gold Member

Trimmers: I have 2 Echos, 2 Stihl's, and 2 Redmax and I personally always grab a Echo first

9. green with envy

green with envy LawnSite Member

I love my Stihl.

Mike

10. DALMlawn&landscaping

DALMlawn&landscaping LawnSite Member
    from TX

get a redmax before a sthil, and a husq before an echo.

and, as mentioned, that thing is an edgit.

edit- you might also want to concider shin before a sthil/husq