Stihl or Redmax stick edger

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by Blades of Steel, Mar 22, 2005.

1. Blades of Steel

Blades of Steel LawnSite Senior Member

Need some advice guys. I have the Echo 260 series stick edger but would like a new one and was wanting some feed back on the 2 in question..

Any personal experience with the 2 would help tremendously.

Thanks

Tim

2. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

Shindaiwa. Then you wouln't have any questions. :)

3. Go for the Green

Go for the Green LawnSite Member

Redmax or...

Stick with the Echo PE-260. I have used it (actually the PE-2601 and it worked great!

4. Blades of Steel

The reason for the straight shaft is due to left handed employees. I have 2 of them and the Echo is a little more difficult for them to use.

Shindaiwa ---- That is what I primarily own from blowers, line trimmers, pole trimmers, hedge trimmers and so on.... I wish they made one with a straight shaft... Paponte, we should start a thread and sent it to thier engineering department in Oregon

Tim

5. SoloMow

SoloMow LawnSite Member

In advance, I have never used a Stihl .... They are probably very good. :cool: However, I started this season with a new RedMax and I couldn't be more pleased! That's my .02 ... oops, I'm low-balling! ..... that's my .25 worth. :D

6. Blades of Steel

Thanks. I have never really heard anything bad about Redmax..

Tim

7. LawnJohn

LawnJohn LawnSite Member
    from Atlanta

I just bought a redmax last week and the thing is AWESOME!!!! I have echo trimmers but the motor on the Redmax edger is a beast so my next trimmer purchase will be a RedMax!!

Go for the Redmax!!

8. K&L Landscaping

K&L Landscaping LawnSite Senior Member

OK, I'll be the different one. Stihl FC110, very strong engine, easy to use and fairly quiet.

9. paponte

paponte LawnSite Silver Member

I never saw a straight stick edger. We have 2 power head units with a bunch of attatchments including a bent shaft edger. :)

10. grass_cuttin_fool

grass_cuttin_fool LawnSite Gold Member

The way the the wheels and guard are on the Stihl edger, they dont clog up as bad with dirt as bad as some other models