Stihl or Redmaxx

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by scchamblee, Feb 8, 2007.

1. scchamblee

scchamblee LawnSite Member

I had a Stihl BR600 last year and loved it. I ended up selling it because a thought I was gonna get out this year, but I got bigger instead.

My question is. Does Redmax make a blower that is bigger/better? I know that there are other brands out there but Stihl and Redmax are the only good dealers around here.

Any help appreciated.

2. MikeLT1Z28

MikeLT1Z28 LawnSite Bronze Member

3. scchamblee

What is the $$$ difference in the two?

4. walkerowner06

walkerowner06 LawnSite Member

my dealer sells the br600 and the redmax 8000/8001. the br600 is $479.99 and the ebz8000/8001 is $549.99. I got my ebz8001 for $520 and it was worth every penny.

5. wriken

wriken LawnSite Silver Member

I've had both, go with the redmax

6. RedMax Man

RedMax Man LawnSite Platinum Member

I paid $599 for my Redmax EBZ8000 and it paid for itself within a week of cleaning up leaves last fall. Wouldn't buy anything else, very powerful and dependable. Has a Strato-charged engines and comes witha 2 yr. commercial warr. Also have an EBZ4800 that i bought a couple years ago and all i've needed to do is change the filter and spark plug.

7. scchamblee

I checked with the dealer today and he said the Redmax 8000 would be $529. He is having his commerial day the 21st and he rep will be there with the new 8001. Supposedly they had some problems with the frame breaking so they made some changes this year.

He is a Stihl dealer too and he said the Redmax would out do the Stihl.