1. Missed the live Ask the Expert event?
    Not to worry. Check out the archived thread of the Q&A with Ken Hutcheson, President of U.S. Lawns, and the LawnSite community in the Franchising forum .

Dismiss Notice

Stihl Powersweep attachment problem

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, May 19, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

Over the past month I have been using my new PowerSweep attachment for my FS 85. A couple of weeks ago, when I finished using it and needed to switch back to a trimmer head, I placed the attachment in my trailer, the gearbox connected to one of the 2 drums and the other one disconnected. Well, somehow in the trip home the clamping bolt that holds the attachment on tight came off. I had first noticed that the lube looked a bit watery and first thought that I had gotten water mixed in with it, but then it started to leak from the gearbox quite a bit and I noticed that the bolt was missing. The fluid was the gearcase oil leaking out of the place where the bolt goes.

Has anybody ever had this happen before?

Should I be worried about it since alot of gearcase oil has leaked out?
  2. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I would'nt worry too much about it - just fill the case and put the bolt back in. Of course you might want to check to see if any dirt got int the gearcase and clean it out but other than that roll with it.