Stihl Powersweep attachment

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by GTLC, Mar 13, 2004.

1. GTLC

GTLC LawnSite Senior Member

has anybody here ever used the Stihl Powersweep attachment for their solid shaft trimmers? If so, what were your experiences with it?

I am interested in getting one for my FS 85 for spring clean-ups.

2. Lawn-N-Garden Guy

Lawn-N-Garden Guy LawnSite Senior Member

They are great for sweeping stone and gravel out of lawns,nothing less than fabulous

3. olderthandirt

olderthandirt LawnSite Platinum Member
    from here

use one on my fs250 to spread mulch just dump a bucket full in the beds and the ruber sweep does a great job of spreading it. just don't give it full throttle.

Mac

4. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

The thing's worth every penny! INCREDIBLE work saver for cleaning out ditches and roadsides. It works great for cleaning up soft and rotten fruit under trees, too.

5. dylan

dylan Member
    from Ontario

Had mine for years. Great tool.

6. rookiemower

rookiemower LawnSite Senior Member

does anyone know how well echos works?

7. Five Diamond Lawns

Five Diamond Lawns LawnSite Member

I had a idea the other day ( got a headache ) to use one of these for post de-thatching clean-up. Tried it with limited success. Found the thatch came up over the top if I put the power on to much. Not what I would use it for in the future but I liked the device.

8. Runner

Runner LawnSite Fanatic

Echo, unfortunately, does not utilize the rubber paddle set-up that works so well for so many different applications. It's a shame, they have the idea, the mechanism, - they just don't put the right head on it. They have the stell dethatching tines, which do not work for moving material, and the brushes which are too aggessive for most turf applications. The rubber paddles are made by Goodyear, and are the same ones used by all equipment manufacturers that produce these units (Kawasaki, Shindaiwa, Redmax, Stihl, etc.).

9. sproutlscape

sproutlscape LawnSite Member

The power-broom is the best. I use it on the FS85. Great $$ making tool.

10. Fareway Lawncare

Fareway Lawncare LawnSite Silver Member
    from Canada