Stihl products at your local Lowes and HD

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by cpel2004, May 4, 2008.

1. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I saw an ad in the Sunday's paper about Stihl now being sold at Home Depot and Lowes. Its about time. I dont know if they will offer a full line of their products, the pricing should be about the same or better. Now I can use my 10% off coupons in addition to the dealer special offers.

2. TandM

TandM LawnSite Senior Member
    from south

I knew it was coming This is why the whole fleet is going to shindaiwa. Stihls quality has gone down the past few years.

3. Lbilawncare

Lbilawncare LawnSite Bronze Member

I thought they swore to never sell at the big box stores ? I don't use them much anymore anyway, I would guess that they will sell their low end models like Echo does.

4. Paulup

Paulup LawnSite Senior Member

I copy pasted this straight from the Stihl USA Main Page.

Where did you see/hear that Lowes and HD were going to start selling it?

5. S man

S man LawnSite Gold Member

Stihl says they will never let home depot/lowes sell their products. So where did you get your info??

6. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

I'll believe it when I see it...Stihl being sold at dealers who service their product has been their credo for years and I don't know If sales have dropped enough to warrant them whoring out to the big boxes.

7. jaybird24

jaybird24 LawnSite Senior Member
    from midwest

I find it hard to believe. What's next buying Scag at Costco.

8. cpel2004

cpel2004 LawnSite Bronze Member

I live in S. FL it was a full page ad on the back of one of the inserts. I dont care what they say just like in your business things always change. Its a great way for them to leverage their products.

9. Juan_Deere

Juan_Deere LawnSite Senior Member

LOL. You guys crack me up. Everytime some company decides they can make more money marketing to the big box stores, their "quality has been going down lately". I'm not confirming Stihl has decided to sell to the big box stores, but this is exactly the same as you guys claiming you are being run out of business by the Mexicans.

THE MEXICANS ARE COMING!!THE MEXICANS ARE COMING!!!, as he rides down the lawn on his trusted steed. Guess what. The Mexicans have been here for a long time. Decades. Even longer if you really think about it.

10. C&K

C&K LawnSite Senior Member
    from East TN

Now that's funny.:laugh: