Stihl products online?

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by lakegastonla, Feb 7, 2001.

1. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Ok guys, does anyone know of a dealer offering Stihl products online? Thanks in advance for any input.
  2. Ssouth

Ssouth LawnSite Senior Member

I've heard that Sthil won't sell any products online due to no service after the sale. Don't know if it's true but I saw it here on LS somewhere.
  3. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Some companies don't allow retailers to sell online, I'm not sure if Stihl is one of them or not.

A dealer I know of sells Stihl and many other great brands at really great prices. They have the most reasonable prices I've found, by far. They will do mailorder and have top notch service. They carry several major brands of equipment. Give them a call at 1-888-DO-Russo. If enough people mention lawnsite when they call them, maybe they will ante up and sponsor lawnsite??? Hope that helps.

4. lakegastonla

lakegastonla LawnSite Senior Member

Thanks, guys, I will check out Russo. I wonder if this is why Shindaiwa is not listed on Alamia's site, now?
    I do have a local STIHL & SHINDAIWA dealer, but he hits me in the booty every time I buy from him. NO price breaks. FULL retail for everything. Gets kind of old, especially since the 2-cycle equipment needs VERY little maintenance.
    Most of what is needed, I do myself.

[Edited by lakegastonla on 02-07-2001 at 10:24 PM]
  5. Scag48

Scag48 LawnSite Fanatic
    Posts: 6,067 has some Stihl products. They also have Exmark, Redmax, Maruyama, and Snapper. They also carry various engines and some other stuff. Check it out. :)
  6. Greenman2ooo

Greenman2ooo Banned

Yeah, my local dealers had that attitude with me. We bought from Russo unless we needed it that day. I love to hear the insults hurled when you say the name Russo in a local dealership.:) Russo has treated me right! I can afford to have them mail me a brand new piece of equipment with what I've saved buying two stroke equipment from them....If mine ever goes down.

7. CCLC

CCLC LawnSite Senior Member

Another place to look is ebay. There is stihl stuff there all the time. I bought a great Stihl Hedge trimming from there last year. The price is usually right on this stuff too. I saved $100 on the hedge trimmer.