Stihl Recall

Discussion in 'Lawn Mowing' started by HB Lawn, May 29, 2011.

1. HB Lawn

HB Lawn LawnSite Member

I seen in today's paper that Stihl is having a recall on their gas caps. Anyone else see it? Go to their website and read about it.
  2. Patriot Services

Patriot Services LawnSite Fanatic

There's a few threads on here about it. If your cap has an "E" on it your dealer will replace it.
    Posted via Mobile Device
  3. rlitman

rlitman LawnSite Bronze Member

4. Ridin' Green

Ridin' Green LawnSite Fanatic
    Male, from Michigan

I just took my BR600M in and got the new cap. It works a lot better. The new caps have a white center, whereas the older ones that I had and have seen had an orange center to them on top of the D or earlier letter under the cap.
  5. 06LTNox

06LTNox LawnSite Member

Contacted my dealer Friday and the service manager just got the notification about the recall himself. They didn't have any of the new caps in stock but offered to pull a cap off of a floor model if I was actually experiencing issues with my current cap. Since I wasn't, I'm taking my unit in tomorrow or Thursday to get fixed.
  6. ffemt1271

ffemt1271 LawnSite Bronze Member

just got a cap replaced on mine yesterday and it's definitely easier to install.

also got a new FS100RX trimmer and it has the new screw in gas cap on it
  7. flyingdutch16

flyingdutch16 LawnSite Senior Member

received the letter today from stihl. Will go to the dealer tomorrow to get it fixed. Thank god they recalled I was having trouble opening and closing it.
  8. WJC

WJC LawnSite Senior Member

I got a notice in the mail and as it turns out, my blower already has the new cap. It's still a piece of $hit cap anyway.
  9. Turf Commando

Turf Commando LawnSite Bronze Member

Just had my blower and trimmer fitted with new caps and it's about time it was recalled.. Finally can open caps without just about breaking them off..
  10. topsites

topsites LawnSite Fanatic

I am the rebel commander of a large fleet of hidden E cap Stihls, hehehe,
    all the dealers are looking for me everywhere but I am keeping my location
    a top secret because I don't want them ripping my old caps off and putting
    new ones on due to it could be a handheld gasoline cap conspiracy!

That having been said, you might say I have heard of this recall you speak of.